Payroll Title: UCP I
Class Code: 0111-9081
Job Family: ASR FLSA
Under the general supervision of designated administrator, assists in carrying out the functions of the Graduate Admissions Office.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and evaluates applications and transcripts for compliance with academic standards established by the Graduate School and recommends admissibility within those criteria.
- Processes, edits and distributes acceptance and denial letters and notifies academic departments of action taken.
- Responds to written, telephone and personal inquiries for information regarding graduate admission policies, regulations, procedures and deadlines.
- Provides information to and assists departmental admissions committees regarding policies, regulations, procedures and criteria governing graduate school admission.
- Revises and edits graduate application form in cooperation with departmental admissions committees and graduate school, approves copy and makes arrangements for printing.
- Assists in monitoring and enforcing graduate admission regulations and deadlines.
- Assists in supervising, training and evaluating clerical and student staff; assists with office management, and recommends improvements in office procedures.
- Keeps informed regarding changes in policies, procedures and criteria governing graduate school admission.
- Is responsible for day-to-day operations of Graduate Admissions Office in the absence of the Director.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Experience in one or more of the following: admissions, editing and public relations.
- Supervisory ability.
Date Created: 6/28/85