Payroll Title: UCP I
Class Code: 0125-9081
Job Family: LIB
FLSA Code: N
Under the direct supervision of a designated supervisor, performs basic library tasks applying standard library techniques and following established policies and procedures.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
Encumbents in this position work at the day-to-day operational level of the library and are generally responsible for organizing their own work on a daily basis, but may be required to train and/or supervise student assistants.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Examples of characteristic duties and responsibilities are listed below. Specific duties will depend in the department where the employee works.
- Performs basic operations to provide bibliographic verification or control of library materials. This includes the use of local and international automated systems. Requires knowledge of well-established rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Assists library users with requests, usually by selecting from available options.
- Processes records, including evaluating information on the basis of established guidelines, and chooses among several alternatives.
- Trains, assigns work to and supervises student assistants who perform basic library tasks, if required by job.
- Provides information and explains departmental policies and procedures to library users and other library staff.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to learn and effectively apply basic library techniques.
- Ability to work with computer generated records and extract pertinent information following established library procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with library staff, University faculty and staff and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the relationship of a particular assignment to the goals of the department.
Date Created: 6/85
Date Revised: 7/98