Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0406-9084
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: N
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, coordinates and provides assistance in carrying out a specialized administrative service for a department.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
This position is intended to be used in departments where there is sufficient volume of a specialized activity to warrant a position devoted to such activities. Incumbents at the II level are expected to resolve a variety of problems within known practice and are expected to occasionally resolve new, unusual or difficult problems which require judgment and initiative. The primary focus of the job is on the administrative specialty, but may occasionally include other administrative duties.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the specialized function, including processing paperwork and/or records; reviews for accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, policies and procedures; identifies and follows up to resolve problems, referring most new, unusual or difficult problems to supervisor.
- Prepares narrative and informational reports, as needed or requested; compiles and organizes information requiring the understanding and evaluation of data sources.
- Trains, supervises and establishes work schedules of clerical or student staff.
- Screens correspondence, records and other documents for appropriate action and works with administrators to determine proper response or to resolve problems; makes referrals as appropriate.
- Responds to requests for information and provides assistance in solving a variety of problems of ordinary difficulty, based on knowledge of the procedures, practices and past experience.
- Transmits authoritative information and serves as a resource regarding policies and procedures relating to the specialized administrative function, with responsibility to occasionally interpret such policies and procedures.
- Regularly communicates with other University offices and/or outside agencies to request or provide information or to clarify procedures.
- In assigned area of responsibility, reviews operating procedures for efficiency and effectiveness; makes minor changes or recommends major changes or improvements; may participate in planning and decisions regarding new or changed procedures.
- Devises, modifies and/or supervises the maintenance and coordination of complex filing systems, records and/or data systems which may be computerized.
- May draft or independently compose and/or edit routine correspondence and other documents for supervisor’s review and/or signature; as delegated signs supervisor’s name to correspondence, requisitions, vouchers, etc.; makes routine decisions in supervisor’s absence.
- Perform routine administrative functions of the office; coordinates work flow and processes administrative paperwork.
- May be responsible for coordinating related administrative functions.
- May assist in planning and carrying out related support activities, such as meetings, conferences, interviews; makes all necessary arrangements, including travel, and coordinates details.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative specialty required by department to be served, and ability to independently resolve problems of ordinary difficulty.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with computers, as a user, if required by department to be served.