Payroll Title: UCP III
Class Code: 0321-9083
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of designated supervisor, and within established guidelines, performs duties relevant to the recruiting and admission of new students.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads, reviews, evaluate and process applications for admission and rules on admittance, within established guidelines.
- Interviews prospective students and their parents to explain admissions requirements and answer questions about the University.
- Seeks to recruit students through scheduled visits to secondary schools, two-year colleges, college fairs and participation in informational panels, discussion groups, and yield activities.
- Responds to written, telephone and personal inquiries and request for information; explains admissions policies, procedures, requirements, University programs and campus life; makes referrals to other University offices as necessary.
- Maintains and updates files and compiles admissions reports for supervisor.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding recruiting plans and special programs to more effectively meet University admissions goals.
- Participates in various committees and advisory groups.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior Admissions experience helpful but not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and work irregular and flexible hours.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.
Date Revised: 06/14/96
Date Created: 1984