Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0510-9085
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, maximizes student satisfaction and housing utilization by administering a variety of complex policies and procedures.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for office record keeping, preparation of administrative reports and manuals; monitors office procedures and practices; coordinates work flow and work assignments.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves complaints from students, parents and staff and the public regarding policies, and procedures or housing assignments and related issues.
- Administers room assignment policies and procedures.
- Reviews and authorizes requests for exceptions to policies, as appropriate, and investigates requests for exceptions.
- Serves as primary contact with residence hall staff who are key to performing varied responsibilities for the assignment office.
- Reviews assignment-related decisions made by head residents and area coordinators to ensure consistency and conformity to policies; determines whether to grant student appeals of assignment decisions made by the above residential services staff.
- Counsels students regarding interpersonal problems, roommate conflicts, lifestyle issues, etc.
- Arranges for and facilitates housing arrangements for students with special needs.
- Coordinates multiple waiting lists and differing procedures for special residences and rooms; also responsible for special assignment procedures for students participating in off-campus programs (i.e., study abroad programs, cooperative education, internships, etc)
- Develop, edits and/or reviews informational materials and other publications for accuracy and content.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates student labor; responsible for selection process of full-time clerical staff.
- Performs special projects and prepares reports, as assigned, related to projections and trends.
- Assists with compiling, reviewing and analyzing statistics and projections, assessing computer needs, and revising procedures related to occupancy and billing records.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least three years full-time employment in related position such as college administration or residence hall work
- Organizational ability particularly in complex detail
- Versatility, flexibility and assertiveness
- Good communication and human relations skills
Date Created: 6/28/85