Payroll Title: UCP III
Class Code: 0318-9083
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: N
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, audits the academic records of candidates for the baccalaureate degree and verifies undergraduate degree certification.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently audits the academic record and plan of study of candidates for the baccalaureate degree to verify compliance with University and School/College degree requirements.
- Keeps informed of University by-laws, policies, rules and regulations of the University’s 12 Schools and Colleges that pertain to degree requirements. Keeps informed of changes and their effective dates through examination and review of degree requirements set forth for each catalog year and through school/college or senate minutes or administrative order; and applies these criteria to the audit of each student transcript.
- Research problems situations and follows up with students, faculty, parents, deans and administrators to ensure equitable treatment.
- Is responsible for the accuracy of the audits performed and of the information used to complete these audits and to compile the graduation data.
- Interprets regulations to students, faculty, advisors, deans and others (e.g. transfer admissions, student affairs, regional campus registrars, etc.).
- Meets and consults with students, advisors, deans and administrators regarding academic deficiencies, procedures, requirements and restrictions; anticipates effects of changes in policy and procedures and notifies this population when needed.
- Updates data processing files, analyzes for accuracy and distributes data processing reports; updates and codes data for correction in the master file.
- Anticipates and solves procedural problems resulting from policy changes.
- Establishes and maintains the graduating senior file by securing diploma applications from students.
- Evaluates and establishes office procedures; reviews and revises methods and forms to improve efficiency and communication, increase understanding and simplify operations.
- Works with all sections of the Registrar’s Office and other University departments to disseminate information on policies and procedures, and to accomplish timely and accurate graduation data.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two to three years experience in a Registrar’s office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to be accurate in detailed work.
Date Revised: 9/13/99
Date Created: 6/28/85