Payroll Title: UCP VIII
Class Code: 0817-9088
Job Family: DNS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director of Dining Services, assists in the management of University operated dining services with particular responsibility for purchasing and personnel management.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for the supervision, training, work assignments and work schedules for a large Dining Services staff; recommends staffing needs; assists in the selection and evaluation of staff.
- Assures established standards are maintained in each dining hall unit.
- Formulates menus and provides recipes for daily operations of dining halls, including special diets for students who require them.
- Identifies and works to resolve personnel problems and implements collective bargaining contracts.
- Implements and assists in evaluating Dining Services meal plans, policies and procedures as established by the Director and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Monitors a large complex budget and maintains fiscal records.
- Advises and informs supervisory and kitchen personnel regarding policies, procedures, personnel issues and other matters pertaining to effective and efficient operations.
- Acts for the Director in his/her absence.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years experience as University Dining Hall Manager OR small college Dining Services Director OR Assistant Director in a medium sized college.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/supervise a large dining services staff.
Scored : 04/12/85