Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0452-09084
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice Provost or designee, extracts, compiles, and effectively communicates results for internal and external reporting and survey research.
Incumbents in this position are expected to handle routine reports that are more prescribed in nature. Incumbents should act independently in the preparation and selection of data to be used and may assist with basic trend estimation.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops regular trend reports illustrating current and historical data on students, faculty, staff, courses, grants and budget.
- Coordinates and responds to external data requests from governmental agencies and other associations; including IPEDS, national and state surveys, accreditation and licensure requests, and other miscellaneous sources.
- Follows standardized practices for collection and interpretation of data to ensure data accuracy and integrity in reports.
- Develops, administers, and analyzes institutional surveys as requested.
- Extracts and maintains data from administrative information systems and external benchmarking sources.
- Communicates with internal and external constituents to retrieve data from external sources and to respond to inquiries regarding University reported data.
- Employs data querying and reporting tools to respond to both internal and external requests for data and information.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously to ensure deadlines are met.
- Serves on various University committees as needed or required.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends through participation in professional development, conferences, and workshops.
- Other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Business Administration, Public Policy, Statistics, Educational Research, or a related discipline and two years full-time professional experience in related area.
- Basic knowledge in SPSS, SAS or other comparable statistical analysis program for reporting and decision support.
- Experience handling large, complex data sets including experience analyzing cross-sectional and longitudinal secondary data sets.
- Knowledge of and research design methodologies.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Experience in institutional research or assessment.
- General knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools such as WebFOCUS, Cognos or OBIEE.
- Ability to extract and merge data from multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of ERP such as PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner.
Date Created: 6/12/14