Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0731-9087
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated supervisor, provides placement opportunities and career counseling for the specific purpose of finding suitable job placements in student’s major field of study.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains employer contacts to develop employment opportunities and promote University programs and graduates; determines employer’s needs and may refer or pre-screen specific candidates.
- Develops and distributes promotional materials for the placement office.
- Organizes and conducts placement technique workshops to teach students interviewing techniques, resume developments, and other job search skills.
- Counsels and advises students regarding career opportunities, specific job placements, and job search skills; maintains regular contact with students to determine placement needs and interests.
- Oversees recruiting and assists with on-campus interview programs, which may include scheduling requests, arranging for room use, and informing students of procedures and deadlines.
- Serves as liaison with outside legal career-oriented organizations – National Association for Law Placement.
- Serves as placement liaison between placement office and appropriate University schools/departments /offices and employers.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in the job market.
- Designs, organizes, and makes arrangements for special programs to inform students of opportunities and/or bring students together with other professionals or potential employers; follows-up on student participation.
- May supervise the collection of data for follow-up reports on graduate employment; computes statistics and compiles charts.
- Maintains file of student resumes; may compile resumes for mailing to potential employers.
- Participates in other placement activities as needed or assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- Two to four years of experience relevant to specific School.
- Knowledge of Law School programs and legal hiring community
- Ability to project a favorable image of Law School programs and students.
- Excellent communications and public relations skills
- Experience developing public relations materials.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s and/or JD degree in appropriate field
Date Created: 6/28/85
Date Revised: 9/17/99