Payroll Title: UCP VIII
Class Code: 0802-9088
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Registrar, manages the Scheduling Office. In close cooperation with academic departments, coordinates, analyzes and develops the schedules of course offerings and final exams, registration of students and ensures effective space utilization to meet academic deadlines each semester.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes, orders, and/or distributes forms, memoranda and schedules to inform faculty and students of procedures, deadlines and other necessary information to support registration, schedule of course offerings, utilization of classroom space and final exam schedule.
- Monitors and enforces compliance to University policy and by-laws relating to courses, space use, registration and final exam schedule.
- Requests, reviews and coordinates data on all course offerings, sufficiently in advance of each term to accommodate planning and printing of schedules.
- Keeps informed regarding changes that affect scheduling and registration.
- Compiles, edits, publishes and distributes Directory of Classes in preparation for coming term.
- Develops and distributes scheduling pattern for administering mid-term and final exams, assuring as few conflicts as possible.
- Works closely with other staff in the Registrar’s office and other University offices to ensure smooth coordination and accuracy of information.
- Supervises staff engaged in scheduling and registration activities; establishes and reviews office policies and procedures; plans and coordinates workflow and sets work priorities.
- Maintains computer files and determines monthly computer schedules and control options for Registration, Master Schedule Course and Section file, Directory of Classes, and Final Exam Schedule.
- Evaluates effectiveness of existing procedures and policies and recommends improvements in the scheduling operation and functions.
- Assigns classroom space based on enrollment and other instructional needs.
- Monitors and approves budget expenditures for Scheduling Office within established guidelines.
- Assists and advises Registrar in creating the academic calendar.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent experience and education in a Registrar’s Office.
- Five years related experience in academic registration, scheduling and general data processing.
- Knowledge of computer support capabilities for data management.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people.
- Personnel management skills
Date Created: 6/28/85
Date Revised: 9/17/99