Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0781-9087
Job Family: UNR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the executive director, assists in directing the programs and services of the alumni relations’ office.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Executive Director and the Alumni President in the development of an effective Alumni Relations program through such activities as the publication of the Alumnus newspaper, financial investments and other programs and services; and serves as a resource person to the University community.
- Is responsible for development of plans by the Alumni Association board committees including activities, public relations, student relations, class and school/college activities, awards, planning, travel, insurance, credit cards, merchandise, and various other Association projects.
- Is responsible for the training, evaluation, supervision, work assignments and work schedules of professional and support staff.
- Directs the development of alumni chapters and is assisted by professional staff in establishing university programs on a national scale.
- Directs and coordinates various alumni programs, such as the Alumni/Admissions program, Student/Alumni program, Special Revenues, Alumni recognition programs.
- Evaluates and monitors effectiveness of program/services; identifies problems and institutes changes, or recommends major changes.
- Works on behalf of the Executive Director in his/her absence.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree
- Four years experience in alumni relations and an in-depth knowledge of alumni affairs and its relationship to the university community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage people and good organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of university organization and programs
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours.
Date Created: 7/15/87