Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0921-9089
Job Family: UNR
FLSA Code: E
Under the administrative review of the Director provides independent leadership over one or more major functions of the Development Office and serves as part of a management team in planning and implementing Development programs and goals.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the activities of a major function of the Development Office; manages and is responsible for the effectiveness of programs in designated areas of responsibility.
- Independently plans, organizes and carries out the most complex or highly specialized fund-raising programs; provides direction and advice to others; coordinates activities of multiple fund-raising efforts.
- Provides fiscal management and advice for potential and secured funds.
- Assists the Director in planning and managing the functions of the Development Office; serves as a primary advisor regarding policies, long-range policies, long-range planning, strategies and goals.
- Prepares comprehensive analyses and recommendations for administrative decision-making.
- Directs the activities of professional and support staff in assigned area of responsibility; hires, trains, evaluates and determines staff organization, work schedules and work assignments.
- Represents the Director, as delegated.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree as appropriate to the particular area of fund raising.
- Five to ten years progressively responsible fund-raising experience which demonstrates competence as a major fund-raiser .
- Demonstrated management, supervisory and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fund-raising issues and techniques .
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy .
- High level of motivation and assertiveness and ability to exercise independent judgement .
- Knowledge of computer applications and data systems, as it applies to fund-raising.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Advanced degree.
Date Created: 11/10/1983