Payroll Title: UCP VIII
Class Code: 0805-9088
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, administers the maintenance, budget and personnel functions for Student Union operations and Commons buildings.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages a program of building maintenance; arranges for building repairs and approves repair requests, within established guidelines.
- Administers and monitors all personnel actions such as searches, hiring procedures, time cards, overtime requests in assigned area of responsibility, and applies provisions of collective bargaining agreements.
- Provides necessary administrative support for social, cultural and recreational programs, including processing of contracts for external professional services, allocation of space for individual events, facility set-up and equipment, and staffing support.
- Prepares custodial and maintenance schedules and establishes priorities for upkeep of building equipment.
- Selects, supervises, trains and evaluates clerical, maintenance and professional staff and other assigned staff; determines work assignments and work schedules.
- Develops preliminary Student Union operations budget and manages approved budget; monitors income and approves expenses and keeps Director informed of budget status.
- Evaluates existing facilities and recommends and oversees approved major renovations.
- Manages and staffs income-producing activities such as coin-operated game room, printing service and equipment rental, concession stand and billiards room.
- Administers all purchasing activities and approves purchase requests, in assigned area of responsibility, within established guidelines.
- Maintains accurate accounting system, utilizing sound accounting principles and knowledge of University and State policies and procedures.
- Assists Director in overall operation of the department.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, public administration or related field
- Four to five years experience in management, budget, personnel, building maintenance or related areas.
- Budgetary and supervisory ability
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public, students, faculty, staff and external agencies.
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours.
Date Created: 6/28/85