Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0941-9089
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the University Registrar, manage essential registrar functions and oversee the work of all professional and support staff involved in the various functions. Responsible for ensuring the integrity, security, maintenance and access to permanent academic/administrative records and manage the issuance of official documents.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the University Registrar in developing, evaluating, interpreting and enforcing policies, procedures and strategies applicable to the area of responsibility and serves as an authoritative source of such information. Possess direct authority to make or approve decisions that may establish or alter policies, procedures or operations.
- Represent the University Registrar in designated instances. Advises the University Registrar on the complex range of department policy changes and activities.
- Participate in evaluating software packages and new application methodologies, using state-of-art computer techniques and hardware. Make changes to effectively utilize systems and provide technical leadership as needed.
- Enforce the provisions of the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act and State confidentiality statues as they affect release of confidential information contained in student academic records and ancillary files. Educate other offices on the confidentiality of student records.
- Oversee the Assistant Registrars in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating the professional and support staff, in their areas of responsibility.
- Serves as a liaison with the regional campus registrars.
- Interpret and explain Office of the Registrar policies and procedures, respond to inquiries for information and make referrals to other University offices as necessary.
- Supervise the maintenance of internal office files, records and data collections. Oversee the aspects of altering registrar data collection materials and forms used by external and internal constituents
- Prepare studies, reports and recommendations for the University Registrar as needed.
- In the absence of the University Registrar, may assume overall responsibility for the Office of the Registrar.
- Represent the Registrar’s Office before various committees and advisory groups.
- Coordinate work between units/sections within the Registrars Office
- Enforce compliance with University By-Laws and General Catalog requirements as they pertain to the Office of the Registrar
- May develop, conduct, and supervise training programs and workshops for faculty, staff, and administrators to utilize all aspects of complex Registrar Systems.
- Participate in professional and technical conferences and workshops to obtain and share expertise in a particular application or administrative function.
- Perform related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree and five year’s experience in a Registrars Office.
- Familiarity with standard records-keeping procedures, including AACRAO criteria, provisions of the Family Education and Privacy Act and other legal issues relating to official academic records or academic history.
- Knowledge of advanced computer support systems for data management and the ability to apply new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Personnel management skills
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION
- Master’s Degree
Date Created: 7/15/96
Date Revised: 9/10/99