Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0445-9084
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of a designated supervisor, assists in all aspects of athletic equipment used in intercollegiate and recreational athletics.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in overseeing assigned staff working in equipment and laundry room and at athletic events.
- Maintains records of all equipment and controls inventory.
- Assists in and makes recommendations on the purchasing athletic equipment and uniforms in accordance with needs of coaches, teams and recreational programs. May write specifications and initiate purchase orders.
- Accountable for home game equipment room coverage.
- As assigned, acts as a liaison on all equipment related matters to various athletic teams.
- Keeps informed regarding available merchandise and current prices through contact with salesmen and vendors.
- Issues equipment and uniforms to athletic teams, coaches and students and accounts for return and condition of equipment.
- Provides special equipment for televised events to meet needs of television crew.
- Investigates feasibility and cost of major repairs, renovations and/or additions and advises department accordingly.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field OR equivalent combination of training and experience.
- AEMA certified or certified eligible.
- Knowledge of all types of athletic equipment and its proper use.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for blood-borne pathogens.
- Supervisory ability and ability to keep detailed records.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and weekends.
Date Revised: 10/01