University of Connecticut

Employee Benefits Overview

Overview of Benefits Provided by UConn and the State of Connecticut

Attention Adjunct Faculty & Temporary Employees:

Your health and retirement benefit options and costs vary based on your appointment type with the University. View details.

 

Back to Employee Benefits Overview

Employee Benefits Administered by the State of Connecticut Office of the Comptroller.

Employee Benefits Guide

Employee Retirement Plans

 

Employee Benefits Administered by the UConn Department of Human Resources.

Tuition Benefits

Employee Assistance Program

Employee Benefits Overview

The State of Connecticut administers the majority of the benefits for UConn employees; it is important for you to understand what benefits are available to you based on your appointment with the University, make informed choices, and use the plans to your best advantage.

State of Connecticut Medical & Dental Plans

Administered by the Office the State Comptroller and facilitated by the UConn Human Resources Department for UConn Employees, the state offers several medical and dental coverage options. The Employee Benefits Guide, available on the menu to the left, provides detailed information about the medical, dental and pharmacy plans available to you.

Retirement Plans

The State Employees Retirement System (SERS) is a defined benefit pension program available to University of Connecticut employees. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in other retirement savings programs, including a 403(b), 457, and Roth 403(b) through ING.

As an alternative to SERS, faculty and non-teaching professionals may elect a defined contribution retirement program in which employees contribute 5% of their salary and the state contributes 8%, for a total of 13% deposited into a retirement account with ING in which the employee directs the investments.

Supplemental Benefits Program

As a state employee, you have access not only to health care and dental benefits, but also many other options to save for retirement and secure life, auto and home insurance, and protect you and your family with long-term care and disability coverage. Those are just a few of the benefits to consider.

Employee Assistance Program

The Employee Assistance Program is a confidential work-site based service available to all University faculty, staff and eligible family members. The Program provides professional assessment, brief counseling and/or timely referrals to community resources for multiple issues and concerns. Learn more about the Employee Assistance Program.

State of Connecticut Employee Benefits Guide

The Employee Benefits Guide embedded below is provided by the State of Connecticut office of the Comptroller; it is intended to provide a basic overview the benefits available to eligible State Employees. Most permanent, full-time UConn employees are eligible for the benefits outlined in the planner.

Questions? Please send an e-mail to hr@uconn.edu or call the HR Service Desk at 860-486-3034.

State of Connecticut Retirement Plans

The following is a 12 page document that outlines the basics of State of Connecticut Employee Retirement Plans. Further detailed information can be found on the State of Connecticut Comptrollers web-site.

Questions? Please send an e-mail to hr@uconn.edu or call the HR Service Desk at 860-486-3034.

Tuition Benefits Summary

A brief summary of the tuition benefits program is provided in the document below. More detailed information for all tuition benefit programs, including applications can be found by clicking the “Benefits & Support” tab on the main menu above, and then exploring the associated “Tuition Benefits” menu items listed.

Questions? Please send an e-mail to hr@uconn.edu or call the HR Service Desk at 860-486-3034.

Employee Assistance Program

The Employee Assistance Program is a confidential work-site based service available to all University faculty, staff and eligible family members. The Program provides professional assessment, brief counseling and/or timely referrals to community resources for multiple issues and concerns. Learn more about the Employee Assistance Program.

Questions? Please send an e-mail to hr@uconn.edu or call the HR Service Desk at 860-486-3034.