Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0402-9084
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of a Regional Campus Director, is responsible for receiving, recording, and depositing all monies collected at a regional campus, according to established policy, and assists in the registration of students.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects, records, and deposits all student fees and other monies due the regional campus, such as lab fees and cafeteria receipts.
- Accounts for all monies received and reconciles accounts.
- Prepares, assures accuracy of and issues student fee bills.
- Maintains bank account and accurate records of transactions in keeping with sound accounting procedures and informs university Bursar of status of accounts and actions taken.
- Supervises clerical/student staff as needed.
- Conducts registration for summer students and for non-degree students.
- Issues all refunds of students’ fees, as appropriate.
- Collects and accounts for defaulted checks.
- Receives and issues all student awards, scholarships and loans.
- Develops procedures for financial transactions and makes changes as necessary.
- Keeps informed of University and State regulations governing financial transactions.
- Maintains and controls petty cash.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Knowledge of methods and techniques required in collecting and accounting for money
- Knowledge of statutes and regulations governing financial control of University
Date Created: 6/28/85