Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0784-9087
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator and in cooperation with the University Registrar, is responsible for the registration activities of a regional campus as well as a variety of other programs consolidated at the campus; provides other support activities as appropriate or as assigned.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and monitors the regional campus registrar’s office budget.
- Manages the operation of a consolidated registrar’s office which serves the regional campus.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates professional, clerical and student staff engaged in office functions; assigns and reviews work and coordinates work flow; recommends staffing needs.
- Develops, implements and coordinates operational systems and procedures to implement established policy and makes changes as needed.
- Organizes and supervises registration activities and the records for such activities, including the preparation and distribution of registration materials to students; advises appropriate administrators of potential course enrollment problems.
- Monitors changes in University and School/college/program regulations and policies pertaining to registration; modifies operating procedures accordingly; informs faculty, staff and students of such changes.
- Monitors confidential matters.
- Maintains good working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the university community.
- Responsible for monitoring, updating and correcting academic records of former and present students
- Supervises the collection, processing and distribution of grades; transcript requests, and other forms and letters that verify student enrollment status; and also certifies of attendance for programs as delegated.
- Serves as a resource to students, faculty and others regarding registration policies and procedures, and permanent records.
- Coordinates registration with appropriate academic and fiscal administrators.
- Is responsible for the scheduling of classes and exams.
- Edits catalog copy and other publications areas pertaining to the Registrar’s Office, e.g., the calendar and registration instructions.
- Corresponds with various University offices concerning registration procedures, degree conferral, and related matters.
- Compiles and analyzes data and prepares reports as required, including enrollment reports to verify student status; maintains historical file of such reports.
- Monitors preparation and revision of class lists.
- Serves on various campus-wide committees, e.g., Affirmative Action Committee, Student Affairs Committee, and the Registrar’s Committee. These committees monitor employment practices, scholarship awards, dismissals and readmission, as well as plan registration activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Two years experience in a registrar’s office in a supervisory capacity.
- Familiarity with integrated student information systems and computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Knowledge of registration functions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in working with supervisors, staff and students.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree
Date Created: 11/4/87
Date Revised: 9/17/99