Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0715-9087
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, coordinates the recruitment and selection procedures for professional and student staff for the residence hall system.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements and evaluates selection procedures.
- Identifies present and potential vacancies and recommends staffing patterns.
- Develops applications, forms, instructions, and timetables for carrying out the recruiting and hiring procedures and is responsible for all necessary paperwork.
- Advertises positions, arranges for interviews, screens candidates and offers position to selected candidates, after appropriate consultation, and informs those not selected.
- Responds to inquiries about vacancies, job requirements, procedures and employment status of residence hall staff.
- Assists with office activities to insure efficiency and helps train and supervise clerical staff.
- Assists in advising student committees and communicates with students about their concerns and/or problems.
- Assists with policies, procedures, publications, training activities and general overall operation of residence halls.
- Consults with other University departments and offices as needed.
- Attends workshops and participates on University and departmental committees.
- Works with appropriate staff regarding first and last day of work for each semester for continuing residence hall staff.
- Assesses computer system needs and coordinates systems development, in concert with technical and administrative staff, in assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits budget requests and monitors expenditures.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel Administration, Counseling or related field
- Three to five years full-time experience in residence halls
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- One year full or part-time live-in experience in residence halls
- Knowledge of computer systems
Date Revised: 1/87