Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0404-9084
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: N
Under the general direction of the Registrar, is responsible for undergraduate degree certification.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audits transcripts and plans of study to determine undergraduate students’ compliance or non-compliance with University and School/College degree requirements and University regulations.
- Keeps informed of University by-laws, policies, rules and regulations of the University and the twelve Schools and Colleges that pertain to degree requirements; keeps informed of changes and their effective dates through examination and review of degree requirement set forth for each catalog year and through school/college or senate minutes or administrative order and applies these criteria to the audit of each transcript.
- Researches problem situations and follows up with students, faculty, parents, deans and administrators to ensure equitable treatment.
- Is responsible for the accuracy of degree audits and information used to compile graduation data.
- Advises students, advisors and Deans about academic deficiencies, procedural deadlines, degree requirements, restrictions, regulations and alternate courses of action.
- Schedules, requests, analyzes for accuracy and distributes data processing reports; codes data for correction in master file.
- Anticipates and solves procedural problems resulting from policy changes.
- Supervises and trains assistant.
- Serves as a resource to the University community, the public and others regarding degree certification policies and practices.
- Works closely with other staff in the Registrar’s office and other University offices to ensure smooth coordination and accuracy of information.
- Evaluates and establishes office procedures and forms for improved efficiency, better communication and improved data processing procedures.
- Consults authorities for guidance in the interpretation and execution of new academic policies or unusual cases.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two to three years experience in a Registrar’s office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Supervisory ability.
Date Created: 6/28/85