Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0437-9084
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the direct supervision of designated administrator, provides timely and effective advertising services to university departments to attract highly competitive and qualified individuals for University service.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance to department users on costs and advertising strategies.
- Works closely with the Office of Affirmative Action Programs to insure compliance with policy changes and closing dates as necessary.
- Acts as liaison with advertising agencies, publications, etc. and other vendors to resolve any problems and to meet publication deadlines.
- Receives and codes all incoming employment applications/resumes for appropriate filing.
- Processes all paid employment advertising for professional and classified position vacancies for the main campus and all regional campuses.
- Monitors the general fund budget; prepares financial reports on expenditures; prepares advertising bills for payment; resolves billing problems with departments and vendors.
- Maintains search files and related materials.
- Identifies and refers qualified minorities and women for active searches as well as professional resumes to departments on request.
- Responds to unsolicited resumes and circulates them to appropriate departments.
- Composes and issues correspondence to applicants regarding their application/resume status and exam information.
- Oversees data entry of information into Focus Advertising File.
- Presents and participates in workshops relating to employment advertising.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and one year experience in related field or a combination of education and experience in a University setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Experience with accounting procedures.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Two to three years experience in academic administration.
Date Created: 05/08/86