Dining Services Management Trainee
Payroll Title: UCP II
Class Code: 0215-9082
Job Family: DNS
FLSA Code: N
Under the direct supervision of designated administrator, is responsible for mastering the skills necessary to satisfactorily complete a dining services management-training program and to provide entry level assistance in dining services management.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the duties of each job in a Dining Services Unit and become totally familiar with all of the duties and equipment used to perform the job.
- Become familiar with appropriate University and Dining Services policies, procedures and labor contracts covering Dining Services employees; participate in evaluating, changing and/or improving Dining Services policies and procedures.
- Plan and carry out special projects, such as special dinners.
- Write articles for Dining Services newsletter.
- Work with students and residence hall staff to maximize student satisfaction with dining services and to improve the residence hall experience.
- Assist in supervising student workers and Dining Services employees.
- Assist in planning menus and providing nutrition education to students.
- Assist in evaluating training needs for Dining Services employees and in conducting such training programs.
- Perform related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in a food service field, such as Foods and Nutrition or Institutional Management.
- Strong desire to work in a college dining services operation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Registration as a Registered Dietitian.