Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 7007-09087
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, supervises all aspects of assigned athletic facilities, including the necessary practice/game-related equipment used in intercollegiate athletics and coordinates maintenance and improvement of athletic buildings.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all aspects of the assigned athletic facility/facilities, including the daily use of the facility by athletics programs, other University groups, or outside entities.
- Ensures safety of student-athletes, staff, general student population and patrons through proactive measures, including overseeing necessary facility maintenance of venue-specific equipment. This includes public assembly areas, athletic performance areas, classrooms, office and mechanical space.
- Initiates all work orders to physical plant for maintenance and care of facilities as needed and follows up to ensure work is satisfactorily completed.
- May collaborate with other departments to coordinate event logistics, implement, and execute major University events, such as Commencement, Convocation, Student Activities Comedy Jam, Spring Concert, etc.
- Supervises assigned staff working on a daily basis as well as at athletic and other related events. Oversees necessary setup and conversion of facility for practices, games and other events
- Maintains records of all equipment and ensures necessary maintenance is performed to meet all required NCAA and conference regulations.
- Monitors budgets for specified facilities and makes recommendations for capital expenditures and other major expenditures.
- Oversees preparation of facilities for home games and assures all equipment such as scoreboard, telephone, audio and television hook-up is in working order prior to all events. Works with local and national television production crews to coordinate logistics and requirements for televised events.
- May serve as host for guest teams and officials for game day and non game day activities, when appropriate.
- Keeps informed regarding industry trends and maintains contact with associated vendors.
- General understanding of building systems including HVAC.
- Coordinates general maintenance, cleaning for specified facilities.
- May oversee revenue generating events at facilities, assists in creating rental proposals and projections. Works with other University entities as well as outside organizations to determine event logistics.
- Provides special equipment for televised events to meet needs of television crew.
- Investigates feasibility and cost of major repai rs, renovations and/or additions and advises department accordingly.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field and a minimum of three years experience working in an arena or indoor athletic facility with venue conversion responsibilities.
- Knowledge of scoreboards, electronic and video displays.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various constituents, both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of all types of athletic game and practice specific equipment and its proper use, calibration, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of proper care of athletic facilities and associated NCAA and/or conference policies/regulations.
- Supervisory ability and ability to keep detailed records.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and weekends.
Date Created: 6/28/85