Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0758-9087
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, undertakes planning, design, analysis or management of complex University projects or specific facilities’ operations and may supervise the work of classified and professional staff.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs design of, or designs, building systems/equipment and other projects required to renovate existing facilities or systems or to develop new ones.
- Directs preparation of or prepares drawings and contract documents for contractors or University projects.
- Serves as project manager and departmental liaison for specific projects.
- Monitors and inspects projects performed on University property with responsibility to assure that contracted work is in compliance with contract terms and obligations; that departmental maintenance activities are completed is in accordance with University policies and resolves most problems, referring only most complex problems to supervisor.
- Directs the technical activities of assigned Facilities professional and trades generalists.
- Applies principles of energy consumption in designing projects and maintaining operations.
- May maintain data bases for processing, summarizing and reporting data, as an aid in administrative planning and decision-making.
- Provides analyses of physical planning, environment consumption and financial issues and prepares University Capital Budget documentation.
- Consults with and provides technical support to University personnel to determine physical facility requirements for their activities and prepares Project Planning Guides.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the appropriate discipline, plus and five years experience in the appropriate discipline.
- Demonstrated ability or three years experience supervising technical personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily complete increasingly complex projects.
- Professional registration and/or required licenses in the appropriate discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and resolve problems of a highly technical and administrative nature.
- Knowledge of various computer applications.