Payroll Title: UCP X
Class Code: 1014-9090
Job Family: FAC
FLSA Code: E
Under the administrative review of a Director, manages and coordinates the activities of the Planning, Engineering, Construction, Design Review or Operations Units of the Facilities Division.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the designee of the Director in the Director’s absence.
- Directs the development, implementation and evaluation of work of a major sub-group, such as:
- An on-going comprehensive University planning process including the development and updating of the Campus Master plan;
- The preparation of designs, plans, estimates and specifications of engineering projects, such as building and utility renovations and installations, within the limits allowed by State law;
- The monitoring and inspecting of projects performed on University property; is responsible for ensuring that all contracted project work is in compliance with contract terms and obligations;
- Reviews design projects for constructability, code compliance and conformance to user needs prior to bidding.
- Evaluates need to change contracts and recommends changes.
- Serves as liaison with University and State officials (Bureau of Public Works, Department of Higher Education and Office of Policy and Management) in such matters as planning, capital budget, design and construction, as appropriate to carry out responsibilities of major unit. May represent the Director of Engineering and /or Operations
- Is responsible for quality of work and timely completion of projects, in accordance with major policies and priorities of Facilities Division.
- Coordinates code compliance activities as related to construction management or facilities operations; interacts with code compliance officer to support the code compliance program.
- Handles contract administration of projects from bidding phase to construction completion and acceptance.
- Coordinates and facilitates training of Construction Management or Facilities Operation staff members and related personnel actions such has conducting performance evaluations.
- Directs the development and implementation of the Capital Budget for major unit.
- Provides technical support to executives and other administrators of the University with regard to short and long-term planning, special problems to meet scientific and educational needs, and campus facility improvement and renovation.
- Submits periodic status reports of all Facilities Engineering projects from the time of bidding to completion of construction or cancellation
- Ensures all Federal and State regulatory compliance issues are maintained.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Ten years of management experience in the engineering, construction or operations field and supervising professional and technical personnel.
- Professional registration and/or required licenses in the appropriate discipline, if applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and resolve problems of a highly technical and administrative nature.
- Knowledge of various computer applications.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree
- Professional registration in Engineering
- Experience working at a higher education facilities
- Knowledge of building safety and health codes.
Date Created: 1/25/89
Date Revised: 9/14/98