Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0772-9087
Job Family: TLR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator or faculty member, manages a farm unit which serves the teaching, research and outreach activities of a department.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and coordinates farm operations to effectively and efficiently meet the research, teaching and outreach needs of the department, and provides assistance in that regard.
- Organizes daily work schedule for farm operation; supervises, assigns duties, trains, evaluates and prepares timecards for farm and student workers.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, materials, supplies and other related items.
- Maintains appropriate records which may be computerized, and prepares reports, as required or needed.
- Oversees maintenance, safety and security of buildings, equipment and machinery, in assigned area of responsibility.
- Recommends improvements in farm management techniques and economical use of facilities.
- Under direction of faculty member, assists in training students in the practical aspects of operations associated with independent studies or other practicums.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to department to be served.
- Four or five years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of modern farm management.
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with research and teaching activities appropriate to the department to be served.
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree
- Working knowledge of computers and databases, as required by the department to be served.
Date Revised: 1/15/88