Payroll Title: UCP III
Class Code: 0315-9083
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of the Director, analyzes and packages student financial aid awards in accordance applicable regulations, statues and policies.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
The primary focus of this job is on the analysis and packaging of financial aid packages. It does not include counseling students.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews financial aid applications and analyzes financial situations and needs; determines appropriate packaging of aid based on standardized procedures; sends for documentation and additional information as needed.
- Keeps abreast of all State and Federal rules, regulations and guidelines governing various types of financial aid.
- Makes adjustments for over-awards by determining amount of aid to be cancelled or repaid, ensuring accuracy of figures, contacting students regarding possible alternatives and notifying appropriate University offices of adjustments.
- Consults with supervisor or other staff regarding difficult or unusual cases.
- Assists in one or more of the major areas of financial aid, e.g., processing Guaranteed Student Loans; adjusting aid packages, validating reports for the Pell Grant Program, etc.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detail and follow established procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Date Revised: 7/10/87