Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0530-9085
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, is responsible for the accounting and bookkeeping functions for a division or large multiple-unit department.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and monitors financial records and accounts for each unit or cost center.
- Monitors fiscal procedures for duplication, efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with required policies and regulations, making modifications as needed.
- Prepares regular financial statements of condition for each unit or cost center and makes available timely and accurate financial information, including budget projections and analysis.
- Assists in developing and managing department/division budgets and in maintaining budgetary control over approved budget.
- Supervises the work of staff engaged in general accounting and bookkeeping functions; may train staff and assist in selection.
- Prepares reports as appropriate to meet University, State, federal and department/division requirements.
- Prepares billing for accounts receivable and monitors collection of monies due.
- Records encumbrances and expenditures and processes all necessary paperwork, following up to resolve problems as they arise.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Five to ten years progressively responsible experience in financial record keeping, supervision and reporting
- Sound knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal control methods.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to analyze and modify fiscal procedures.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and two to four years related experience.
Date Created: 6/28/85