Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0732-9087
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator/Director, manages and supervises the business and fiscal activities for a large unit.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, implements and monitors accounting systems and procedures for all programs and cost center and assures adherence to sound accounting principles.
- Supervises the maintenance of all financial records, budget control and internal record keeping and signs financial documents required for normal business activities.
- Prepares reports as appropriate to meet State, Federal, University and Departmental requirements.
- Supervises the work of staff engaged in general accounting and bookkeeping functions.
- Monitors approved budget and authorizes expenditures, within broad guidelines.
- Supervises billing of accounts receivable, which may include fee bills, follows up to insure collection of accounts and is responsible for the accurate accounting and deposit of monies, in accordance with University and State regulations.
- Prepares timely budget projections and analyses, analyzes fiscal impact of various policy options and/or new programs; makes recommendations for improved cost effectiveness and budget utilization.
- Prepares and executes purchase and other agreements in accordance with University and State regulations.
- Serves as a resource regarding fiscal matters and in resolving fiscal problems.
- Monitors personnel actions and supervises preparation of necessary paperwork for appointments, leaves, terminations and other personnel actions, assuring proper procedures are followed and information is accurate.
- Is responsible for special projects or assignments, which require a thorough understanding of fiscal and departmental procedures.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field
- One to three years experience in position with financial accountability and/or financial analysis responsibilities.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Master’s degree in business, accounting or related field
- Familiarity with State fiscal procedures
- Familiarity with systems analysis and data processing procedures
Date Created: 6/28/85
Date Revised: 9/13/99