Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0566-9085
Job Family: ASR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the designated supervisor, serves as liaison with applicant, graduate admissions committees and external agencies to facilitate activities related to the admission and matriculation of graduate students.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to inquires from graduate applicants regarding admission to the Graduate School; composes letters, FAX, Telex and e-mail communications; sends pre-applications and applications; may certify financial solvency and first-year support; provides conditional and final letters of admission.
- Reviews and evaluates applications and transcripts for degree or degree equivalency and compliance with academic standards established by the Graduate School and determines admissibility within those criteria.
- Provides information to and assists departmental admissions committees regarding policies, regulations, procedures and criteria governing graduate school admission.
- Monitors compliance with applicable federal and graduate school regulations and deadlines.
- Keeps informed regarding changes in policies, procedures and criteria governing graduate school admission
- May serve as liaison to the Division of International Affairs regarding policies, procedures and programs affecting international graduate applicants.
- May prepare documentation for issuance of immigration forms for new and re-applying international graduate applicants.
- In assigned area of responsibility, prepares office budget, reports and informational material and maintains appropriate hard-print and computer-based records.
- Supervises support staff.
- May attend annual recruiting events to represent Graduate School.
- May be responsible to day-to-day operations of Graduate Admissions office in the absence of the Director.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or equivalent combination of education or experience
- Knowledge of admissions policies and procedures
- Communications skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical aptitude
Date Created: 2/19/1991