Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0624-9086
Job Family: FIS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, monitors and reviews sponsored research grants and contracts to assure compliance with fiscal and procedural regulations and requirements established by sponsoring agencies, State of Connecticut and the University.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge of and interprets pertinent federal, State and University regulations regarding the receipt and administration of grants and contracts.
- Reviews grant/contract proposals to assure fiscal compliance with granting agency requirements, compatibility with State statute and University policy; recommends solutions and may negotiate changes when there are conflicts with contract provisions.
- Monitors and approves, within established guidelines, grant and contract expenditures.
- Establishes fiscal procedures and sound accounting procedures to meet reporting requirements of granting agency, to account for receipt of grant monies and to monitor expenditures.
- May develop, test, and implement computer programs which assist in monitoring and accounting for grant/contract receipts and expenditures.
- Monitors, recommends improvements, and resolves problems with cash flow.
- Monitor accounts receivable and fund balances to protect against deficits and improper expenditures.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field and four years relevant experience OR Eight years relevant experience in business organization or governmental agency involving accounting, budgeting, and contracting.
- Thorough knowledge of federal laws and regulations regarding grants and contracts.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Working knowledge of State statutes pertaining to grants/contracts.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management/public.
- Knowledge of software computer programs.
Date Created: 4/13/88