Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0571-9085
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of designated supervisor, provides hardware, software and data communications installation and support; computer instruction and documentation, and consultation services to users within the department/division/school.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyses and diagnoses computer hardware/software/data communications problems for a variety of computer users and corrects or recommends corrective solutions to errors, requiring knowledge of microcomputer technology.
- Provides personal consultation and/or assists in designing and teaching workshops in support of any hardware/software/data communications products acquired by department users.
- Installs, debugs, tests, tracks, monitors and recommends for purchase microcomputer software and hardware products, including major maintenance and coordination of repair work with outside vendors.
- Prepares documentation to improve user knowledge and correct usage of computer facilities.
- Consults with a variety of computer users regarding hardware and software acquisition; recommends hardware and software for specific purposes; assists with systems analysis, programming and database design.
- May support existing departmental mainframe activities.
- May direct and supervise student computer consultants.
- Facilitates computer usage through a variety of means which may include surveys, newsletters, attendance at meetings, exhibitions and conferences.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field, or equivalent combination of education and training AND one or more years related experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of microcomputer hardware, software and data communications. Familiarity with University mainframe software.
- Aptitude for and willingness to develop skills in teaching; good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with novice and experienced computer users.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Experience with computer hardware repair.