Payroll Title: UCP VIII
Class Code: 0859-9088
Job Family: TLR
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Dean or designated administrator, manages a model farming operation in support of the college research, teaching and outreach activities.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with department heads on a regular basis to coordinate farm services in support of college and departmental needs.
- Plans and implements modern production techniques and methodologies to provide effective and efficient services to the college.
- Consults with and responds to appropriate departments regarding latest production methods.
- Provides services to college departments, as needed to carry out the appropriate academic activities of the college.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and assigns daily duties to agricultural workers.
- Maintains all necessary records, including farm, fiscal and personnel records.
- Oversees maintenance, safety and security of buildings, machinery and equipment; plans for and schedules routine maintenance and attends to emergency repairs.
- Selects and purchases equipment, feed, seed, fertilizer, fuel, hardware and other farm related items.
- Prepares budget requests and manages approved budget.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters degree in an agricultural discipline and 3-4 years experience; or Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a modern farm enterprise.
- Demonstrated supervisory, administrative and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of research, teaching and outreach activities associated with academic mission of the college.
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours.
- Working knowledge of computers and databases may be required.
Date Revised: 01/15/88