Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0658-9086
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, independently provides advanced technical and creative skills in a specific area of media production, as required by the position, and assists in producing complex media programs.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
Incumbents in this position are expected to possess advanced skills and work independently in one or more specific media specialties, e.g., audio/video production, writing, video editing, photography, general graphics, etc. Incumbents will also be expected to assist senior media producers in carrying out the wider range of more complex production activities. Emphasis will depend on organizational needs and the particular skills of the incumbent.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides advanced skills in an area of media specialization, e.g.,
- Designs and produces graphics, including computer graphics.
- Produces the audio portion of media programs.
- Writes scripts and/or training manuals in support of media activities.
- Edits, shoots, photographs and/or video.
- Utilizes photographic skills to produce high quality photographs used in media programs.
- Serves as a consultant and resource to the University community and other clients in area of specialization.
- Supervises and trains students and others, as assigned.
- Provides support to other media staff to ensure successful completion of assigned projects and to meet production schedules.
- Meets with clients to determine client needs and desired results.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in media or related field, or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- At least one year experience in an area of media specialization.
- Demonstrated ability to perform one or more specific production function, such as audio, writing, photography, graphics, etc., as required by the position.
- Ability to interact constructively with production team members and clients.
- Knowledge of media technology and curriculum development in a university setting.