Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0748-9087
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of the Director, manages multiple media services of significant size and complexity.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
The primary difference between a Media Services Manager I and II is that a Media Services Manager II will manage at least two major media services, adding significant complexity and variety to the job. This will usually include a technical media function. Incumbents should possess advanced administrative skills, the ability to integrate the assigned services and will usually have some expertise in a media specialty.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and oversees all activities associated with the media services in area of responsibility.
- Provides financial and administrative planning and general media services management.
- Provides integrated administrative and program support; works with other media units to coordinate and improve services and expand utilization.
- Serves as a resource to clients and resolves problems as they arise.
- Plans for future development and implementation of computer management systems for information processing and media utilization.
- Supervises a large staff; establishes work priorities.
- Performs the duties of a Media Services Manager I.
- May provide production assistance such as camera operation, video recording, directing television courses.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree in the field of instructional media and technology, information management, business management or related field OR Equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple media functions for a large media center and supervise a large staff.
- Demonstrated expertise in the special media support functions in assigned area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial management
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Advanced financial/systems management expertise.
- Technical media skills, as required by the division.
Date Created: 2/9/86