Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 7002-9087
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, provides advanced technical support, instruction, documentation and consultation services for the University’s voice, data, video and broadcast network services and operations to academic, administration and student users.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and diagnoses voice, data, video, and broadcast network problems for a variety of users, recommends corrective solutions to be applied to the network hardware or software.
- Designs and teaches workshops for the purpose of teaching the use and application of new and existing voice, data, video and broadcast network hardware and software features.
- Installs, debugs, tests, tracks, monitors and recommends for purchase a wide range of commercially available network hardware and software products.
- Prepares documentation to improve user knowledge and correct usage of voice, data, video and broadcast network facilities.
- Consults with a variety of users regarding voice, data, video and broadcast network hardware and software acquisition and the suitability of hardware and software for specific purposes. Orients faculty, staff and students to University networking facilities; resolves issues to assure successful use of networking facilities. Provides expert advice and assistance on specialty areas.
- Facilitates voice, data, video and broadcast network usage by academic, administrative and student users through a variety of means, which may include surveys, newsletters, attendance at meetings, exhibitions and conferences and tours of network facilities.
- Works with complex voice, data, video and broadcast network systems integration issues.
- May direct or supervise one or more full time or student staff members.
- Prepares and maintains logs, reports and statistical data.
- Administers and maintains on-line systems for such applications as Voice-Mail, Personnel database, E911 Directory updates, Cellular Phone database and Page database.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two to five year’s voice, data, video and broadcast network related experience, which includes working directly with large-scale network systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, handle technical problems, work well under stress and follow complex plans and strategies.
- Good communication and writing skills.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Network hardware repair
- Network programming experience.
Date Created: 11/1/98