Payroll Title: UCP IV
Class Code: 0450-9084
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, provides technical support, instruction, documentation and consultation services for the University’s voice, data, video and broadcast network services and operations to academic, administration and student users.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and diagnoses voice, data, video and broadcast network problems for a variety of users, recommends corrective solutions to be applied to network hardware or software. Requires knowledge of network hardware and software.
- Teaches or assists with teaching users for the purpose of teaching the use and application of new and existing voice, data, video and broadcast network hardware and software features.
- Prepares documentation to improve user knowledge and correct usage of voice, data, video and broadcast network facilities.
- Consults with a variety of users regarding voice, data, video and broadcast network hardware and software acquisition, and the suitability of hardware and software for specific purposes.
- Facilitates voice, data, video, and broadcast network usage by academic, administrative and student users through a variety of means, which may include surveys, newsletters, attendance at meetings, exhibitions and conferences, and tours of network facilities.
- Works with complex voice, data, video and broadcast network systems integration issues.
- Provides assistance in effective support and liaison on network problems/activities among the user and vendor service personnel.
- Prepares and maintains logs, reports and statistical data.
- Maintains routine security of voice, data, video and broadcast network facilities.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two to five year’s voice, data, video, and broadcast network related experience, which includes working directly with large-scale network systems. Specialized experience may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, to handle technical problems, to work well under stress and to follow complex plans and strategies.
- Good communication and writing skills.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Network hardware repair.
- Network programming experience.
Date Created: 11/1/98