Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0525-9085
Job Family: ADM
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of the Director, manages and coordinates all functions and procedures to support the activities of a large Department/School/Division.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and coordinates daily workflow of department in accordance with established policies and procedures; sets priorities to meet calendar deadlines.
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates clerical and student staff; determines work assignments and work schedule; assesses need for additional staff and makes recommendations to Director.
- Coordinates administrative support for professional staff, and adjust clerical assignments to accommodate priority needs.
- Monitors and reviews all clerical personnel actions for accuracy and compliance with department and University procedures and resolves problems as they arise.
- Reviews department administrative policies and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and recommends improvements; interprets and implements established policies and procedures.
- Prepares agenda and conducts weekly clerical staff meetings to disseminate information, clarify procedures, and correct problems.
- May represent supervisor to other University offices, the public outside, the public or outside agencies in administrative matters; assumes responsibility for managing day-to-day administrative operations with authority to make decisions within established practice and policies.
- Assists in preparation of fiscal reports, developing monthly calendar, and coordinating timely input of computer data.
- Devises, modifies and/or supervises the maintenance and coordination of complex filing systems, records and mailings.
- Serves as a liaison between the department and other University offices.
- Assists University, state and federal auditors by supervising the gathering of information necessary for preparing the audits.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience
- At least five years related experience
- Ability to perform office management duties
- Supervisory and administrative ability
- Ability to work under time constraints and to work effectively with staff and public
Date Revised: 8/5/98