Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0677-9086
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of manager or administrator creates, builds, uploads and validates all types of production schedules on the enterprise server. Consults with and briefs users and programmers on changes to production schedules and on-line system time changes. Participates in planning with users and programming staff.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
The Operation provides seven day a week, 24-hour a day service on different shifts. This position is intended for individuals that are highly skilled in working within a production environment. Monitors the work of and trains Production Technical Analyst I and II. Incumbents are expected to be able to perform all the duties outlined at the lower levels of this series.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates, builds, and uploads production schedules using CMS and the Automated Scheduling Software; updates and maintains tables and calendars within the automated software.
- Writes technical documentation and procedures.
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of all schedules, coordinating data input and control card changes with users and programmers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves production problems, ensuring that all schedules are completed on time.
- Coordinates and ensures that time changes to the on-line systems occur through the Automated Scheduling and Operations software.
- Monitors and takes necessary action to ensure that disaster recovery files reports and other documents are moved off-site.
- Participates in the testing of system upgrades to ensure that the scheduling and Console Software works as well as the production jobs.
- Takes part in the conversion of application systems which includes creating special schedules, monitoring the workflow, notifying and assisting programmers in resolving problems and usually requires working all week-end.
- Assist with staff evaluations.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field and two years experience monitoring and balancing workloads of large systems in a production environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and provide technical training and guidance to staff.
- Experience working with a variety of servers
- Skilled in JCL (Job Control Language)
- Good written and oral communication skills
Date Created: 06/01/99