Payroll Title: UCP IX
Class Code: 0947-9089
Job Family: DPS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of a manager or administrator, works independently to evaluate and ensure all prepared production schedules are accurate and will complete on time. Participates in long-range planning and policy setting meetings with users and programming staff. Performs scheduling tasks at all levels, understands implications of inter-dependencies of jobs, skilled in programming languages and has good PC as well as Enterprise server skills.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THIS POSITION
The Operation provides seven day a week, 24-hour a day service on different shifts. This position is intended for individuals that have the highest level of technical skills for a production environment, excellent communication skills and the ability to make good, sound decisions, in a timely manner. Incumbents are expected to monitor and supervise workloads and staff and to be able to perform all duties outlined at lower levels of this series.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoots and resolves the most complex production type problems, ensuring that all schedules complete on time.
- Works with Programming staff to devise solutions to unique problems.
- Writes and maintains programs for the Optical Scanner and can create jobs in other languages (e.g. REXX, FOCUS, SCANTOOLS, etc.).
- Evaluates software and hardware products in support of production.
- Contributes to budget and project plans.
- Prepare staff evaluations for review by Manager.
- Assist Manager in hiring and supervising student labor and lower level employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and four years of experience in a production environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly skilled in solving technical production problems, extensive experience monitoring and balancing workloads of complex, inter-dependent systems across multiple servers
- Technical understanding of automated software including Scheduling, Operations and Tape Management software.
- Skilled in several program languages (e.g. FOCUS, REXX, SCANTOOLS). Demonstrated ability to work well with staff and users.
- Expert in JCL (Job Control Language)
- Ability to perform multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
Date Created: 06/01/99