Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0637-9086
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, coordinates and manages the day-to-day administrative activities and provides some program support for a program designed to support the University’s research activities, educational outreach services, the academic curriculum, or to provide a student service.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
This position is intended to serve dual functions: administrative support as well as Bachelor’s level program support. The focus of the job is on coordinating the day-to-day administrative activities of the program, but will also include some administrative management. Incumbents are expected to work with a fair amount of independence, but within the goals and objectives established by supervisor. Program support means advising program participants, monitoring and coordinating program activities, and implementing recruiting strategies. Academic decisions, program direction and policy decisions, however, rest with the supervisor.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and manages administrative and technical support for program faculty, staff and students; resolves day-to-day administrative and logistical problems, which may include necessary arrangements for classroom space, special events and other program needs.
- Manages general office operations; processes and maintains necessary paperwork, records, including fiscal records and files required to support program; may maintain computerized files and records.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and assigns work to clerical & student staff; establishes work schedules and work priorities; recommends staffing needs and assists in hiring decisions.
- If applicable, is responsible for collecting, depositing and accounting for fees/tuition payments; forwards monies to Bursar; may monitor approved budget and expenditures.
- Serves as liaison between program and other University offices, external organizations and the public.
- Assists in planning outreach programs, conferences, meetings, seminars, with responsibility to make all necessary arrangements, including travel, and coordinates events and details.
- Responds to inquiries from program participants, students, faculty and others and explains program policies, procedures and requirements, making referrals as appropriate
- Compiles program and student data, prepares reports as needed, to aid in evaluating student progress and program effectiveness; recommends changes or improvements.
- Coordinates recruitment of students or participants into the program; implements recruiting and promotional strategies and works with target population to develop applicant pool consistent with program goals and objectives, in assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists in advising student or participants regarding academic program planning and course selection; coordinates degree certification procedures; monitors student progress and compliance with scholastic standards, plans of study, course and graduation requirements.
- Coordinates proper registration and scheduling of courses and is responsible for rosters, grade reports and academic records.
- Monitors compliance with admission requirements; works with supervisor and others in reviewing admissions information, interviewing applicants, evaluating credits and recommending appropriate action for admission to the program.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to program to be served
- Four to five years related experience.
- Ability to perform responsible administrative functions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of program specialty and ability to provide general educational support, effectively implement recruiting strategies, advise program participants, interpret educational records and related information, as appropriate to program to be served.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
Date Created: 6/28/1985