Payroll Title: UCP III
Class Code: 0305-9083
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: N
Under the general direction of designated administrator or faculty member, provides responsible administrative support as well as entry-level program support for an academic center or program.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
This position is intended to serve dual functions: administrative and program support. The focus of the position is on responsible administrative support but also requires some degree-based knowledge of the program specialty. It requires the ability to regularly exercise independent judgment within known practice and to resolve problems of administrative detail and procedures; in addition it requires the ability to provide entry-level program support.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As directed, assists supervisor in the performance of program activities, including regional aspects of the program: coordinates program logistics and administrative support for program staff, making adjustments to accommodate priority needs.
- Assists in outreach program and conference planning and makes arrangements, as necessary.
- Writes and/or edits and disseminates informational, promotional and occasional technical materials to support program activities.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and others on matters relating to administrative procedures and on some matters relating to program specialty.
- Exercises general supervision over office personnel and office functions; processes and maintains necessary paperwork, records and files to support program, including fiscal and personnel records.
- Acts for the supervisor/administrator in matters of administrative detail.
- Assists in preparation of budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Assembles data, writes and/or edits reports, requiring a general knowledge of subject area.
- May coordinate or supervise some specialized non-academic aspects of the program.
- Maintains a collection of resource materials and program information.
- May perform office support functions.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area related to program specialty, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years experience in a responsible administrative support position, which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding administrative detail and procedures.
- Ability to provide entry-level program support.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good writing and communications skills
- Class 02 driving license, if required by program being served.
Date Revised: 02/03/04
Date Created: 06/28/85