Payroll Title: UCP III
Class Code: 0308-9083
Job Family: HRS
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of the Director, assists in the development and coordination of affirmative action programs to ensure University compliance with State and federal guidelines, and provides general administrative support for Director.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the preparation and updating of University’s Affirmative Action Plan with responsibility or collecting and organizing pertinent information/studies, drafting narrative and preparing for distribution.
- Compiles and analyzes data and prepares and/or edits statistical and narrative reports regarding affirmative action policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and counseling to faculty, staff, and students in matters relating to complaints of discrimination.
- Reviews, evaluates and approves recruitment plans related to professional searches, ensuring compliance with affirmative action policy and civil rights laws; refers requests for exceptions to Senior Search Advisor as appropriate; maintains related records.
- Provides general administrative support to Director as requested.
- Assists in the training of search committees and the production of written training materials.
- Disseminates information regarding access for physically handicapped employees.
- Serves as liaison between OAAP and other University offices/departments.
- Supervises classified and student staff; manages workflow and oversees day-to-day operations of the office.
- Participates in special projects, as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree and four years experience in a position leading to a familiarity with equal opportunity employment issues, regulations and laws, particularly as they relate to higher education OR Equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Date Created: 6/28/85