Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0656-9086
Job Family: STU
FLSA Code: E
Under the supervision of designated supervisor, assists in planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to recruit employers and students for participation in the Co-op Education program which is designed to match students and employers in a mutually satisfactory work experience related to students career goals.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies potential employers and assists in coordinating their participation in the work experience program, through personal knowledge of business community and through various other means, including directories and trade publications.
- Assists in planning employer/student recruiting strategies and evaluating their effectiveness and makes recommendations for changes.
- Establishes contact and visits companies to explain benefits of program and develop job placement positions and maintains follow-up contact.
- Recruits students to participate in the program through contact with academic departments, various informational meetings and special programs, with special attention to minority recruitment.
- Interviews student to assess interest, feasibility of the program and review academic plans of study.
- Consults with faculty regarding base plan of study for student participants, problems or suggestions for improvement.
- Designs and prepares informational and promotional materials for Director’s review.
- Conducts on-site visits at work assignments to verify that student’s duties correlate with job description and to resolve questions and/or concerns.
- Assists in solving problems for student participants such as scheduling, housing.
- Keeps informed regarding job market trends and developments through media, journals and professional publications.
- Performs various administrative duties as requested by supervisor including updating and monitoring of computerized records.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- Five years experience with documented success in public relations sales, business/educational administration or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication techniques.
- Knowledge of business community and ability to develop contacts with business and industry; familiarity with University programs
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Graduate degree.
Date Created: 6/28/85