Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0528-9085
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, coordinates day-to-day administrative activities and provides limited educational support for a program designed to support the University’s research activities, educational outreach services, the academic curriculum, or to provide a student service.
GUIDELINES FOR USING THE POSITION
This position is intended to provide administrative support as well as Bachelor’s level program support. However, the primary focus is on administrative assistance and coordination. Program support means coordinating program logistics, monitoring for compliance with program requirements, and assisting with advising and monitoring progress of program participants. Incumbents are expected to work independently, but within the defined procedures and guidelines established by the supervisor.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates general office operations; processes and maintains necessary paperwork, records and files required to support the program, including student records.
- Coordinates administrative and technical support as well as program logistics for program faculty, staff and students; if applicable coordinates student or participant registration.
- Assigns work to clerical and student staff.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty and others regarding program policies, procedures and requirements, making referrals as appropriate.
- Compiles data and prepares reports to aid in evaluating student progress and program effectiveness; may recommend changes or improvements.
- If applicable, oversees accounting for fee/tuition payments, reimbursements and other monies received.
- If applicable, assists in advising students or participants regarding academic program planning and course selection; monitors student progress and compliance with program requirements and standards.
- If applicable, monitors compliance with admission requirements; works with supervisor and others in reviewing admissions information, interviewing applicants, evaluating admissibility to program and recommending acceptance into the program.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to program to be served.
- Three to four years related experience.
- Ability to perform and coordinate administrative functions.
- Ability to provide general program support, as appropriate to program to be served.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Date Created: 6/28/85