Payroll Title: UCP VIII
Class Code: 0831-9088
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated administrator, serves as the principal administrator, advisor, recruiter and operations manager for a MBA program at a regional location.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and implements recruiting and promotional strategies to improve the standing of the program with the business community.
- Identifies, contacts and works with companies, organizations and groups to promote program and develop applicant pool of sufficient size and quality to ensure continuation of program.
- Assesses the unmet educational needs of the business community and recommends courses of action to meet those needs.
- Evaluates existing policies and procedures; identifies areas for improvement and makes changes or makes recommendations for major changes.
- Serves as principal program representative to potential applicants, current students and the general public regarding program policies, procedures, requirements and goals.
- Provides academic, career and personal counseling to applicants and students; monitors student progress to ensure a successful graduate experience.
- Screens applicants for admission, reviews academic records and assists in making admissions decisions.
- Is responsible for the proper registration, scheduling and assigning of courses, including rosters, grade reports and academic records.
- Make decisions regarding academic probation, dismissal, eligibility for graduation, transfers and exceptions to prescribed program.
- Compiles and analyzes data to aid in evaluating student progress and program effectiveness; recommends changes or improvements.
- Is responsible for collecting, depositing and accounting for fees/tuition payments and forwards to University Bursar.
- Coordinates and publicizes all program activities, including orientation, graduation, annual dinners, placement activities, etc.
- Coordinates dual MBA/professional programs.
- Manages general office operations; processes and maintains necessary paperwork to support academic program, including fiscal and personnel records.
- Supervises and trains professional and clerical staff.
- Identifies instructors for courses offered at the regional location; and makes recommendations regarding appropriate instructors for courses offered; administers teacher evaluation procedures.
- Develops an alumni association for graduates of program.
- Serves as liaison between academic unit and other university offices.
- Is responsible for building and grounds maintenance and security.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- MBA or related graduate degree; at least one degree must be in Business Administration
- Three to four years professional work experience
- Ability to successfully recruit students and promote program
- Understanding of business community to be served by the program
- Demonstrated ability to assume major academic advising responsibility
- Supervisory and organizational ability
Date Created: 6/28/85