Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0641-9086
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated administrator, administers, coordinates and provides educational support and coordination for graduate program offered by the School of Business at a regional location.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for ensuring sufficient course enrollments to meet University, Continuing Education and School of Business Administration Revenue and Expenditure Guidelines; establishes yearly master schedule in conjunction with guidelines.
- Works with general population and companies to develop applicant pool of sufficient size and quality to assure continuation of program.
- Is responsible for obtaining classroom space and contracting for same; schedules classroom space and assigns instructors.
- Recommends policy changes that impact program operations.
- Advises and counsels candidates for degree program regarding program planning and course selection, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Serves as program representative to potential applicants, current students and the general public.
- Monitors compliance with admission requirements, scholastic standards, plans of study, course and graduation requirements; and advises Assistant Dean of discretionary actions.
- Manages general office operations; processes and maintains necessary paperwork to support academic program, including fiscal and personnel records.
- Is responsible for proper registration, scheduling and assigning of courses, including rosters, grade reports and academic records.
- Compiles data and prepares reports to aid in evaluating student progress and program effectiveness; recommends changes or improvements.
- Works with other professional and administrators in reviewing admissions information, interviewing applicants, evaluating credits and recommending appropriate action for admission to program.
- Serves as liaison between academic unit and other university offices.
- Coordinates course and instructor schedules.
- Is responsible for identifying instructors for courses offered at a regional location, within established guidelines.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty and others regarding program policies, procedures and requirements.
- Is responsible for collecting, depositing and accounting for fees/tuition payments and forwards to University Bursar.
- Provides faculty classroom technical, administrative and clerical support to faculty hired for program.
- Supervises and assigns work to clerical/student staff.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- Three to five years related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a non-structured environment and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to define and interpret the competitive environment for MBA applications and enrollments, applicant pools, company policy regarding training and tuition benefits.
- Ability to interpret educational records, applications and other related information and assist individuals regarding their education objectives
- Ability to manage an office and perform administrative functions.
- Good interpersonal skills
Date Created: 6/28/85