Payroll Title: UCP VII
Class Code: 0745-9087
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of responsible professional or faculty member, provides educational information to the general public and trains staff in the effective delivery of such information, in a field of specialization, requiring an advanced understanding of the subject matter and its practical application.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the planning, development, design, implementation and evaluation of activities to achieve educational objectives.
- Conducts background studies, collects necessary data and prepares reports for the purpose of evaluating effectiveness of educational activities.
- Serves as a subject matter resource for field staff and the general public; interprets and provides up-to-date educational information requiring an advanced knowledge in area of specialization.
- Develops topics, writes news releases and prepares mass media messages for dissemination state-wide, designed to communicate and interpret educational information to the general public.
- Is responsible for the successful completion of individual projects.
- Conducts workshops and seminars to instruct, inform and/or train paraprofessional, field staff and community groups in the area of specialization.
- Develops educational materials, teaching aids and lesson plans for use by field staff in communicating information to the general public.
- Performs various administrative duties as required.
- May assist in advising students regarding course selection and developing independent studies.
- Reviews and evaluates literature and educational materials for potential use in communicating educational information to the public.
- Plans, develops and implements methods and techniques of informing/educating the public, in coordination with other professional/field staff and faculty.
- Serves as a resource to students and other professional staff regarding the techniques of effective public education
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of grant proposals and/or educational programs.
- Participates in departmental committees/activities and works in cooperation with local, State, and regional agencies on programs and projects within subject matter area, which may include representing the University as a liaison to such agencies or committees.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in academic discipline appropriate to the field of specialization.
- Three to five years professional experience related to program specialization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to plan, conduct and evaluate training methods.
Date Created: 6/28/85