Payroll Title: UCP VI
Class Code: 0671-9086
Job Family: EDU
FLSA Code: E
Under the direction of designated supervisor, provides program support, in field of specialization, requiring a moderately advanced understanding of the subject matter and its practical application. Incumbents in this position are expected to work with a fair amount of independence, but within the goals and objectives established by the supervisor.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the planning, development, design implementation and evaluation of activities to achieve program objectives.
- Conducts studies, collects necessary data evaluates information and prepares analytical reports related to program specialty.
- Serves as resource for staff and others regarding program information and techniques, requiring a moderately advanced knowledge in area of specialization.
- Plans, develops and implements methods and techniques of informing/educating, in coordination with program staff; may develop topics, prepares information designed to communicate and interpret information to the public and others.
- Is responsible for the successful completion of individual projects.
- May conduct workshops and seminars to instruct, inform and/or train others in the area of specialization.
- May be responsible for various administrative duties as assigned.
- If applicable to the program, may assist in advising students regarding course selection and development of independent study projects.
- May participate in the planning, development and implementation of grant proposals.
- May represent the program or department to external groups.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in academic discipline appropriate to the field of specialization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years professional experience related to program specialization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the program specialty area appropriate to department to be served, and proven ability to apply a range of concepts, techniques and practices to carry out technical program objectives.
- Proven ability to evaluate and produce reliable results, problem-solve and trouble shoot problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Class 02 driving license if required by program being served.
Date Created: 3/93