Payroll Title: UCP V
Class Code: 0563-9085
Job Family: COM
FLSA Code: E
Under the general direction of designated supervisor, coordinates and edits specialized publications designed to inform the University’s internal or external public.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- For specific assigned publications, assembles, organizes and evaluates materials for accuracy, carrying out thematic or content goals to achieve organizational objectives. May also select materials within prescribed guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, and produces assigned publications within existing guidelines for specific publications.
- Organizes, researches & completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- May coordinate bidding and technical production with outside vendors and/or internal publication sources, as required.
- Writes, edits and proofreads copy for accuracy; on occasion may write copy which requires originality and creativity to develop focus in compliance with University goals.
- As needed, exercises judgement in translating difficult technical information for lay audiences.
- Collaborates with artists and others regarding type and amount of graphic, illustrative and/or photographic support appropriate to support written copy.
- May prepare booklets or brochures, or participate in other special projects, as assigned.
- Keeps informed about specialized topics in area of responsibility.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field
- Two to five years writing and editing experience including general publications.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately translate technical or scientific materials into lay language as required by the department to be served.
- Familiarity with design and production of printed publications.
Date Created: 1993